Monday, March 6, 2017

Team Talk With Our Charming Dental Assistant Mariely Medina

Greetings!
This month we are having a Team Talk with our charming dental assistant Mariely Medina.

Every month we sit down to talk to one of our team members at Herald Square Dental and the Denture Center.  This month we are featuring Mariely, a wonderful  Dental Assistant, who joined us in May of 2016.  Find out more about Mariely here:

Before working at Herald Square Dental, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?  
Mely:  I was new to New York and the United States and I got a job through my High School in Washington Heights.  It was 2006 when my HS introduced me to Alianza Dominicana Cultural Center.  And, they helped me find a job as a receptionist in a dental office at my local middle school that performs preventative dental care as well as fillings and sealants for the students there.  This opened up a door for me to the field of dentistry and I worked there the following summer as well in 2007. 


What is your proudest moment at Herald Square Dental? 
Mely:  When Dr. Pasch told me how much I made his day with the things that I wrote about him in my Christmas card.  I appreciate their having given me an opportunity to be part of our dental care team and I love my co workers as well!   He felt extremely happy for the feedback which he said he doesn’t hear often and, of course that made his day.

What are 3 words to describe Herald Square Dental?
Mely:
Fun
Welcoming
Stimulating

What is your favorite part about working for HSD? 
Mely: I love assisting with all aspects of oral surgery and doing the pre and post op teaching.  I love to see first hand the cases progress and see very very happy people once their smile is enhanced. 

Do you have an office nickname? What is it?
Mely: Yes, I do, it's Mely. Actually they call me that at home too.  My HS friends decided to call me Mely and it kind of stuck from there.

What would people never guess you do in your role?
Mely: I come up with new expressions ie, “If you see something, do something”.  I am a team player for sure.  I am the float assistant and I am adept at assisting each of our four dentists with all of the different procedures as well as helping the front office administrative team.  It’s kind of cool being able to take my knowledge base across the board.  It’s certainly not boring. 

What is your favorite thing to do outside of work?
Mely: Cooking  all types of food.   Also, spending time with my dog, Benny.  Benny is my 3 year old poodle mix.  I think he has a human personality. 

Tell us one surprising fact about yourself.
Mely: I was a folklore dancer in the DR from the time I was 11 until I came to the US.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share this informative information with us. This was wonderful to stop by your blog for this excellent article. Have a great rest of your day.
    Dentist Center City Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete